Covid-19 Homeowner Assistance

Property Taxes

City of Winnipeg

  • Late payment fees will resume on December 1st, 2020.
  • If you need help paying your property taxes consider enrolling in the City’s Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) The city will waive the enrolment fee until November 30, 2020, so enroll now!

How to pay your taxes in instalments:

  • Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP)
  • Call 311 or visit: TIPP

Other ways to pay your taxes:

Mortgage Payment Deferral

​Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)

  • Homeowners who have lost income due to COVID-19 may be eligible to defer mortgage payments for up to 6 months.
  • The deferred amount must be paid back at a later time.
  • This is a government initiative administered by your bank.

Don’t wait until you’ve missed a payment! Talk to your bank today.

More information: Understanding Mortgage Payment Deferral


Electricity & Gas

Manitoba Hydro

Manitoba Hydro hydro disconnections have resumed.

  • This means your electricity and gas can once again be cut off if you do not pay your Hydro bill.
  • If you are having difficulty paying, Hydro can set up a flexible payment plan, and can suspend late-payment charges for up to 6 months. You must contact Manitoba Hydro to do this — if you cannot pay your bill, contact them immediately for assistance or they will charge late fees.
  • See the Manitoba Hydro website for complete information:
  • If you are dealing with existing Hydro arrears, you can contact the SNA Rental Safety Coordinator for help.

Get Help With Your Hydro Bill

Every way to pay your Manitoba Hydro bill

Every way to submit your meter reading

What to do if you can’t pay your bill

Neighbours Helping Neighbours Program, emergency funding to assist with energy bills if you are 60+ days in arrears.
Find out: if you qualify


City of Winnipeg

Your water cannot be shut off during COVID-19 for payment issues, until further notice.

The City will work with you to make more flexible payment arrangements

Every way to pay your water bill

How to Read Your Meter and When to Submit Readings (Click the first option on the page)

Every way to submit your meter reading:

Submit your meter reading regularly to avoid being overcharged for estimated bills.
Submit by phone: 204-986-4445
Submit online here

Get Help With Your Water Bill

Having Difficulty Making Payments?
Contact the Utility Billing Centre

204-986-BILL (2455)
Click the link below and then click Payment Arrangements
Having Trouble Paying?

H2O (Help to Others) Program

If you are lower income and having difficulty paying your water bill, you may be eligible for assistance through the H2O program.

H20 Program

Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)

If you have lost pay due to coronavirus, you may be able to apply for benefits under the CERB. This will include anyone who is laid off or can’t get hours, anyone who is sick with coronavirus, folks who must self-isolate, and more.


Notice: The information on this page may become outdated quickly, and is only meant as a guide. Check directly with the source for the most up-to-date information.

SNA Housing Coordinator

Benjamin Simcoe
Voicemail only: 204-783-5000 Ext. 105

Notice: The information on this page may become outdated quickly and is only meant as a guide. Check directly with the source for the most up-to-date information.

Community Work is Heart Work!