Spence Neighbourhood Homebuyer Assistance Program (SNHAP)
The Spence Neighbourhood Homebuyer Assistance Program (SNHAP) puts the rising cost of homeownership within reach of qualifying families who may be able to afford the monthly costs associated with owning a home, but who may have difficulty saving for a down payment.
What do you get?
- Down payment assistance up to $12,500 (depending on the price of the home), which can cover an entire 5% down payment!
- Up to $1,500 to help pay those pesky closing costs, such as land transfer taxes and legal fees.
- You pay the remaining closing costs, your monthly mortgage payments, and other monthly costs associated with owning your own home.
- Become a homeowner in a welcoming community of new neighbours!
What are the requirements?
- The home must be within the Spence neighbourhood boundary (see map)
- Maximum home price is $250,000.
- You must live in the home for at least the first 10 years.
- If you move out earlier than 10 years, you must repay the loan in prorated amounts.
- Must attend a series of home readiness workshops
Who is eligible?
- You must not have owned a home in the last five years.
- Families of at least two people, with at least one dependent (dependents must be under the age of 22, or under 26 if registered in full-time study).
- Total household income is between $35,000 – $75,592
Further requirements and eligibility criteria apply. See application for the complete list.
How do I apply?
Download a PDF application form: Homebuyer Assistance Application
Pick up an application at 430 Langside St. (MERC), Mon-Fri, 10 am-2 pm.
Email Submission & Questions:
Benjamin Simcoe, Housing Coordinator
Phone: 204-783-5000 Ext. 105
(Dial 105 while recording is playing.
Please leave a message, and we will get back to you)
Mail/drop off applications:
Spence Neighbourhood Association
615 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg MB, R3G 0A4